2012年7月9日 星期一

The very first trail in Luodong: Wonderful experience at Jiuliao River

Today I went trekking at Jiuliao river and observed some species there as a part of work. The driver drove carelessly so I got car sick and had to “let out” all of my breakfast right after getting off the car >"<. The woman leading us that day was really nice when she asked me if I felt alright and whether we should start our journey up there or not. I didn’t want to cause others any troubles so I told her to keep going on our trail. As I didn’t feel really well at that time, the trail was pretty hard for me for a few minutes and I felt like I was about to give up. Fortunately, after a while, I gained my energy back and I found the trip more enjoyable. Actually, we caught up many nice species of insects and plants there. Here are some of them, among which I’m interested in the most.

                       I don’t remember the name of this lizard but I think his beauty deserves a photo.

This is Brown Tree Frog (Buergeria robusta). I tried to captured his cute face but he just ignored me. So here is his beautiful back anyway.

Following the trail upstream, we crossed many suspension bridges and arch bridges while down there was a beautiful stream with crystal clear water. It was such a pity we couldn’t get down there to play with the water for a while due to limit of time.
Crystal clear stream water
The “pink lady” was talking to us about the fern. Everyone seemed to be really focused on the lesson while Joyyi kept checking how much rubbish she had got. She won the 1st prize in our rubbish collecting competition on that day anyway. She should be proud. ^^
Jam, my Taiwanese friend on a suspension bridge. I like crossing this type of bridge. It was an amazing experience, a little scary at first but more and more enjoyable as you keep going on.
And here we were…at the final destination. Beautiful waterfall, isn’t it? We all looked a little stupid but so what? We had a wonderful trip together. A trail with observing the biodiversity of Jiuliao River area, collecting rubbish on the way, crossing scary bridges and laughing all together. I can’t wait for the next trail at Taipingshan next week!

                                                                       
                                                                                                By Chi ^^!

沒有留言:

張貼留言